We all know that February 14th is worldwide recognized as the day to celebrate love. But today mainly the younger generations in China celebrate the Chinese Valentine’s Day on May 20th of every year. The origin of the Chinese Valentine’s Day which is also called the 520 day, started when the Chinese used the term 520 to abbreviate ‘I love you. 520 not only holds widespread popularity within China but also with Chinese people overseas.
With over 1.2 million Chinese residents in Australia constituting around 5% of the total population, many of the Chinese choose to celebrate this day by giving a gift, going on a date, or embark on a romantic adventure.
Valentine's Day is the perfect time of the year to show a person how much you love & care for them. But if you're clueless about some creative bouquets’ ideas then, we're here to help. These delightful and fragrant floral arrangements are sure to put a smile on your dear ones’ faces.
1) Long-Stemmed Rose Bouquet: Put together a bouquet of long-stemmed red roses, which is perfect to express passionate love to your Valentine. For an extra creative touch, you can also include assorted roses like pink or white roses with red, which symbolizes love and admiration.
2) Roses and Lilies: Create a special moment for your loved one by getting a gorgeous bouquet of white roses, white lilies, and alstroemerias. This is a very classic design for every occasion that showcases purity and simplicity.
3) Roses and Chrysanthemums: This bouquet of pink roses, white Callas along with pink, white, green chrysanthemums and blue veronicas makes a perfect bouquet to gift someone.
4) Purple Orchids: Delicate, exotic, and gorgeous, orchids represent luxury, delicate beauty, love, and strength. And among all, the purple orchids are an elegant and universal flower that represents delicate beauty, making it a great gift to show that special someone how much they mean to you.
5) Pink Tulips: A cute bouquet of pink tulips represents true love. While every color of tulip has a meaning, pink ones are filled with care and affection which is an adorable way to express your love for your special someone.
6) Ruby Red Peony: Deep, rich-colored peony bouquets are elegant and ideal for autumn to gift someone special.
7) Australian Native Bunch: If you are looking to add a touch of Australiana when building a bouquet for your loved one then you can include Australian native flowers like Desert Flame, Grevillea, Kangaroo paw, Pink rock lily, Lilly pilly, Bottlebrushes, Australian honeysuckles, Waxflower, etc.
Flowers are a traditional gift for your loved one especially when Valentine’s Day rolls around. At the end of the day, it is truly about making memories with the one that you love.
Looking to get some exciting flowers for Chinese Valentine’s Day?Rose & Co has been delivering some of the most exotic bouquets across the regions of Australia for decades. They have some of the best expert Sydney florists who can help you create unique flower arrangements passionately designed, gift-wrapped in our signature style